Wednesday, December 10, 2014

SAG AWARDS, SINGING COUNTRY GIRLS AND MAD BOYS

From the Right-Side...

In case you failed to notice, due to supreme lack of interest or sheer boredom, the SAG nominations were announced today. This is the award show where they all wear free duds, drink champagne and pretentiously call themselves, ACTORS, as the camera pans around the room packed to the rafters with ego.
My dog was my mirror image on hearing the SAG nominations.


As a true lover of delicious movies, I admit I reviewed the list with disappointment and a major YAWN.

The movies of 2014 lack allure, to me.

Seems going without make-up is the ticket to a statue, not acting chops. Ho-Hum. Good luck, ladies and gents...actors, enjoy your turn in the limelight. It may be brief.

Of real interest is the shade being throw around the Nashville area, in the general direction of two young country music singing gals (you use gals when discussing the genre of music, I heard).

Yeah, seems the duo, Maddie and Tae, are twanging out spot-on lyrics that have some of the country boys crying in their beer. The guys are miffed at being called out about their  songs and videos portraying girls riding in trucks, wearing shorts with no shoes.

Whatever, I am not such a fan of country, but I am golf-clapping for Maddie and Tae as they sing, "Girl in a Country Song.'

If only I felt like clapping for the Screen Acting Awards. No, not yet, but my excitement could bubble to the surface tomorrow. Golden Globe nominations are coming our way!

Gotta dash...

##


No comments:

Post a Comment