Thursday, December 4, 2014

WHAT A CROCK

From the Right-Side...

So, here is how it went down.

Sassy new Crock Pot.
While on shopping trip to Target, I spied a fancy new Crock Pot I had been told was pretty awesome. It is rectangle in design and that detail was enough to sell me.

As a shopper of the highest degree, I pride myself on being cagey about my purchases when it comes to the Left-Side.

I shop, I lug treasures (yes, a sassy new Crock Pot qualifies) in stuffed bags into our place and make them blend in. You know, as if the items had been with us for quite some time. Hidden in plain sight, if you will.

Disguising the arrival of the new crock was an epic fail as I left it in the vehicle, only to be discovered by LS on the very evening of said purchase.

Much to my surprise (not at all), he was curious as to the need of another kitchen appliance.

Momentarily taken off guard, I rallied.

"You can make a lasagna in this because of the shape."

Left-Side, face unflinching, silently nodded.

I knew what he was thinking. We've been making lasagna in the oval one for years and years. Plus, this is a little game we have played for years and years. New things pop up all over the place and he pretends not to notice. It works. Mostly.

But, note to self: Never leave a treasure behind in the car to be found by LS. It is more fun the other way!

Gotta dash...

##

1 comment:

  1. Oh neat! I can't wait to play with this new toy! These blogs make me laugh so hard. I love the way you describe you and Left-sides interactions.

    ReplyDelete