Monday, February 23, 2015

REESE WITHERSPOON, I ASK YOU TO PUT A SOCK IN IT

From The Right-Side...

The 2015 Os-KAHS are OVAH, and it was fairly underwhelming.

I watched it to the bitter (take that how you will) end, and I am in the Eastern Time Zone, it was after midnight for me.
Ask Me More Is The New Thing For Red Carpet.


NPH was nothing special, but his undies were REALLY white.

Lady Gaga and Patricia Arquette stole the show, no question. Different ends of the spectrum, but memorable. Bowing to them!

The clothes and jewels were as we expected. Hair was worn up, down, but ScarJo's new 'do is buzzed.

But, here is what I really took away:

*A couple of causes were trotted out, but none more insufferable than the queen of pretentiousness, Elle Woods, er, Reese Witherspoon. You do realize that you didn't really graduate from Harvard Law School, right?

*You are entitled and boring. She wants people to #AskHerMore? More than about your last movie, your upcoming movie, your production company, your drunken rant to police officers trying to keep your drunken ass (and your hubby) off the highways?

Please.

I mean, I get that these celebs want to discuss more than their dress designer. I get tired of telling my dog what I'm wearing when we walk the grassy-knoll where she does her biz.

But, the Red Carpet is for that. If you don't want to walk-the-walk and talk-trivial-talk; walk your snobby ass down the shabby carpet by the dumpsters. The backdoor will also take you into the venue, and anyone hanging by that entrance won't ask you jack!

I do understand wanting to be asked meaningful questions. However, isn't it rather difficult to express deep philosophical issues in the 45-seconds Ryan Seacrest gushes to your face?

News flash for Reese (who works HARD, says RW), we ALL want to be asked more.

Try writing a fluffy blog or fictional novels. Man, I want folks to ask me more about those. They don't. That is life.

The millions of regulars (ordinary people) doing crap jobs, for crap pay also want to be asked more.

They won't be. Ever.

Reese, you Million Dollar Cry Baby, when you do something for the world, I will want to HEAR more. Until then, put a sequined sock in it!

Gotta dash...

#

2 comments:

  1. Loved this... Your prose is brilliant!
    Tina in Tampa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, thank you. I appreciate your comment, very much.

    ReplyDelete