Thursday, April 9, 2015

FLAMING ALLIGATOR MATING SEASON


From The Right-Side...

That is one amazing cocktail, aptly entitled, Flaming Alligator. Fabulous. This one is in New Orleans, but I understand this libation is big in Florida.

Seems the recipe is obscure, but here is one I found:

2 oz Midori melon liqueur
4 oz Orange Juice
Ice
Flames (you are on your own)

When you live in Florida you understand that alligators are much more than jazzy cocktails, and are woven into the fabric of the peninsula. 

Sometimes they slumber in the sun, but at certain times of the year they rise up and get their groove on. They mean business, when they get sexy.

See any body of water and know there is gator potential. Take an airboat excursion in the Everglades and you will definitely see the familiar sight of tiny eyeballs rising and resting at water-level. I appreciate them and honor their habitats. They have their rights. They were here first and we are infringing on their territory.

Personally, I think they should enjoy themselves, but I have no problem with the idea of them being woven into a lovely handbag (see Gucci). Yes, I am an animal lover, but I have limits.

Anyway, it is currently mating season for the gator-kids, so I say cheers and enjoy yourselves. Hope the ladies are in the mood for love.

Look for me with a new handbag while sipping a Flaming Alligator (sans flames, naturally).

Gotta dash...

##

No comments:

Post a Comment