Thursday, April 16, 2015

I LOVE SEXY LUCY, HULA DANCING IN BLACK AND WHITE


From The Right-Side...

Why do they (you know, the ROYAL television executives they) keep tromping all over our sacred entertainment icons?

Colorizing the undisputed hilarity of the William Holden episode of, I Love Lucy, is something I do NOT want to even imagine. It should remain in the original black and white format. Never mess with perfection. I do NOT want to see Holden light up the faux-colored nose of Lucy Ricardo.

On a much lesser scale of concern, they are also colorizing the Superman episode, but I have no passion one way or the other for Lucy draped in a cap and pigeons.

This outrageous colorizing offense is blowing our way May 17th, from the television antennae perched atop CBS.

Although they promise something special about the Holden episode, I will point the aluminum foil covered rabbit ears
The shady-cool, Harold Huber.
toward shows like; Dance, GirlDance, which feature Lucille Ball doing sexy things like the hula.

Character actor, Harold Huber, looks just as shady leering at Lucy as he did as that dirty little Nunheim in, The Thin Man!

William Holden and Desi Arnaz gaping at Lucy in B&W horror will remain intact in the, I Love Lucy, section of my head.

Gotta dash...

##

From the Left-Side: Color me dull, but I have to join RS in the Black-and-White Camp. Trying to colorize the classics falls into that area of "just because we can, doesn't mean we should." Some of my very favorite movies from the modern era are B&W, like "Fail-Safe" and "Seven Days in May." Any drop of color would change the whole vibe. Of course, it's clear why CBS is targeting May -- that's a "sweeps" month, when ratings determine what advertisers pay.

To quote Ricky, "CBS, you got some splainin' to do!"

##


No comments:

Post a Comment