Tuesday, May 5, 2015

HOT OFF THE MET PRESS, NOT REALLY

From The Right-Side...

Have you heard the BIG NEWS?

The fabulous Met Ball was held and all the fabulous (nope) types showed up looking fabulous (nope). See Rihanna's cape photo, and you will want to head to IHOP.
Faux-covers, more fun than faux-celebs!


Call me jaded (or worse), but after a few clicks around an assortment of newsfeeds, I was utterly bored. We have seen enough nearly-bare-asses for the next ten years.

Sarah Jessica Parker had a dramatic and colorful hair adornment, but even that seemed tired. Her expression in the photos seemed to reflect the feeling SHE was over it. Who knows.

How many times must we see the usual suspects, you know who they are, in costumes-strolling and twirling down a blah-blah carpet?

The awards shows are one thing, we get to see a few interesting personalities.

Seeing photos and reading the details of Anna Wintour's little soiree has lost it glitter and gloss, for me.

I am over it. All of it.

Personally, I do not care who attends, what they wore or any drama that woulda, shoulda, coulda, happened.

As a reader, I troll for information to stay abreast of all things important, current and just junky-fun (celebs/gossip). Having spunky conversation with The Left-Side while sipping a chilled martini makes for a fascinating evening. I need material!

However, we (in the royal sense) desperately need to have more important news reported and less pandering to moronic posers. Not that I shy away from gossip. I read it like crazy. But, we have entered the 'blah-zone.' 

Just the image of these people (you know who they are, remember) and my eyes glaze over, then slowly roll toward the heavens. I. AM. OVER. SEEING. THEM. HEARING. ABOUT. THEM.

Basically, in the gossip arena, we need new faux-celebs for the hundreds of media (using term loosely) types to click and babble over.

Until people stop clicking on links, stop making comments, STOP showing any interest...it will remain the same.

Until I see a new crop of people behaving badly for our entertainment, I will scroll and scroll and scroll in the hope that a new face or story will appear.

Either that, or continue making my own faux-gossip and mag-covers!

Gotta dash...

##


No comments:

Post a Comment