Thursday, May 28, 2015

UNDERWOOD AND OUT ON MY PLAYLIST

From The Right-Side...

Remember when the music of U2 happened on your iPhone, if you wanted it there or not?
Music for all my moodiness!

Actually, I like them and to receive a freebie was A-Okay with me. Yeah, some of the tracks I can do without, but it is mostly good and I did not understand people losing their minds over it.

The personally chosen selections comprising the many Playlists on my iPhone is wildly varied and pretty crazy (it fits, I know). Honestly, I have something for every mood and every occasion.

Music is a constant companion in the world I cruise through, and my shifting moods drive the notes pounding around me. So, I go from Blank & Jones to Clapton, and everything in-between and all around those particular genres.

I mean I have musical favorites for every mundane activity in the book, and from every decade in the book (40's-2015).

Watching my Cavalier King Charles do pp and doody could find my earbuds blasting Audra Mae or DeadMau5. Driving on I95 could mean Justin Timberlake, or Loverush. I just never know, but I am always prepared.

Music reverberates within the walls of our domicile much of the time (have you tried watching anything on the tube?), and I love almost everything.

But, I must, on occasion, seriously question some of my choices. There I am, feeding my mutt, and suddenly a lady-person is screeching out a song on my iPad or iPhone. It's about keying his pick-up 'cause he done her wrong, or whatever.

It is Carrie Underwood, and I can not even point an accusing finger at iTunes! I actually purchased her twanging out this country drivel.

No, and no way do I enjoy her howling (a million pardons if you are a fan). My decision to purchase Carrie Underwood is inexplicable. It must have been on a night when I felt nostalgic for...no, there is no rational explanation. I don't like her music, now or ever. My Playlist may be (is) lame, but she's gotta go.

Gotta dash...

##

From the Left-Side: Right or left, we love our music. In another lifetime, I even  made my living reviewing records and attending concerts (yeah I know -- someone has to do it!). Carrie isn't on my playlist, either. But I do like the titles of some of those C-W songs. Remember Dolly Parton's "Get Your Hands Off My Potential New Boyfriend"? Yee-haw!




No comments:

Post a Comment