Wednesday, July 15, 2015

MAGIC CARPET RIDING OVER WOODEN FLOORS

From The Right-Side...

Everything is cyclical.

Almost.

I don't think the Beta-Max will be zipping back into society anytime soon, but almost everything does go into and out of style.

Take carpet.
Time to hide the flooring?

All those semi-antique houses with glorious wooden floors hidden for years under plush carpet and padding are no longer a giant mystery to me.

I finally get this concept.

Anyone stepping into any random Home Depot over the past, what almost twenty years, knows carpet is...O-U-T!

Okay, some still have carpet in the bedroom.

Okay, some still have wall-to-wall carpet, even in bathrooms.

You know the ones I'm talking about. They don't succumb to trends. They don't even know trends are going on, for the most part.

These types are completely secure in their decorating choices. They slap it all together one day, and there it remains...forever!

I know this because I have seen it first hand (no names or affiliations to protect myself).

But, here's the deal, I have suddenly come to the realization that these non-decorators have it right. Just stick with out-of-style crap because it will return to favor on HGTV.

But, what about this wooden (real or faux) floor phenomenon?

Wooden floors really are lovely. Lovely to look at, decorate around and a lovely pain to keep looking great. It can be done. I try to do it every single day. Bona (it's a floor product if you need clarification) is my friend.

As I clean these floors, I think of my mother and all the women who lived in those semi-antique houses when they were spanking new. They cared for those floors, I suspect, until they had no more wax or care to give.

I never heard my own mother say it, but I can imagine their mantra became..."Install that glorious roll of carpet, immediately."

So, like granite countertops, are wooden floors dead, or trending downward?

Is livingroom carpet cyclical?

Will fluffy carpet magically rise and be trendy once again?

We shall simply have to wait and watch.

For the moment, I will be busy with my Bona wet pads!

Gotta dash...

##



2 comments:

  1. How about shag carpet? When will that be back? I like the idea of just keeping that out of date style till it becomes antique/retro chic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah...SHAG CARPET!! Green!!!!

    ReplyDelete