Wednesday, July 8, 2015

SUCCESS AT HOME GOODS, TEXTING FAIL AT STARBUCKS

From The Right-Side...

Wicked is as wicked does, right?

Random is...random.

This Wednesday I am posting random or wicked. I am still on the fence about it, but here goes.

##

You know why I love Home Goods? Because occasionally the crowd is the perfect mix of cool people (excluding me, of course), interacting. Actually speaking to each other...not texting, or cheeks buried into a cell phone.

My model girl. Sitting on Home Goods-Goods!

Yesterday was one of those days.

A few people gathered in the furniture area, discussing likes, dislikes and approving choices.

The piece I selected got rave reviews all over the store. I reciprocated by approval stamping the choices of others.

RANDOM social success!

##

Girls day out yesterday found us at a Starbucks (they have more than one) at a place in Palm Beach Gardens called, The Gardens Mall (super original).
Starbucks customers lack social skills.
 

Anyway, leaving the joint a guy behind me sort of touched my back with a cardboard tray of drinks he was balancing. I turned and made a half-assed apology for not seeing him behind me (yeah, I really did, but I had a method to my madness).

He gave me a very HARSH glare and muttered something unintelligible under his breath.

I turned back and said, that I really had NOT seen him (um, because he was BEHIND ME). Silly me, I thought he would acknowledge that he had touched my back, but nope.

We were moving slowly as we were corralling a toddler, so I get that he was in a hurry to get back to his high-stress job at H&M.

Instead of crowding his way out of the store, he could have used his voice to alert me he was behind me, said excuse me, coughed loudly...you know, been a human being. I would have moved.

The super suave (not really) guy could have said he was sorry for nudging me along with the back-touch, could have smiled, but nope.

He looked miserable (he needed that coffee, tea or whatever) and probably has no idea how to speak in a social setting. Sadly, he didn't know my number, so he could not text me, so he was at a complete loss at verbal, person-to-person communication.

He seemed a bit old to be an intern, but whatever his ranking on the mall-food-chain...getting drinks for colleagues is really NOT that serious.  

With that scowling face of his, I was just glad we didn't drop into that H&M (or some equally snazzy joint) and have to deal with him as his customer.

WICKED...right there in the mall!

##

Well, there you have it...wicked AND random!!

Gotta dash...






2 comments:

  1. We totally should have gone into H&M and ordered him around a bit, "Sir can you hand me that? Do you have this in a smaller size? Can you look in the back for some more of these?? Then once we have him holding 10 outfits decide 'we don't really want any of this.'

    But, then again, we aren't those type of people. Instead we just apologize then snicker about them to each other. Wicked or Random?

    ReplyDelete