Wednesday, January 7, 2015

DOGGING ON SEASON FIVE OF DOWNTON ABBEY

From the Right-Side...

Downton Abbey has made its fifth season debut in the United States and from where I sit on a velvet and fringe pillow in the Peanut Gallery, here are my thoughts along with free clip art (because paying for photos is not happening) of a castle...
Not Downton Abbey.


*When I get an email from Bed, Bath & Beyond hawking Downton Abbey jewelry, linens and tea what-have-you, the luster is dimming.

*Lady Edith needs a happiness break, for the love of bangers! My suggestion? Hook her up with that sad and lonely, Doctor Clarkson. Two hearts, one stone...bada-bang, bada-boom!

*Carson needs to hire a footman who is even more shady than Thomas, just to take the pressure off.  Even a shiftless cad can not be expected to be the main source of villainy every season.

*The Lord of the manor needs to grow a pair and not care if the township wants him involved in the war memorial.

*Cora needs to be coached in interrogating skills. She let Baxter off the hook way too quickly. However, she did leave the pendulum of possible doom swinging over Baxter's head, so she gets points for that.

*Lady Mary needs to be taken down a notch or two. She is just way too confident and smug. We all know ladies in 1924 could never have gotten away with such shenanigans. Slap a knitting needle in her hand, immediately.

*Bates and Anna need to be hoisted onto the happy train with Edith and the Doc. Bloody-hell, can't someone else engage in criminal acts for a change? Please.

*Daisy needs to accept she is the hired help and forget all this education nonsense. I think we all know what happens when ladies learn reading and math!

*The Dowager is up to her old tricks with Isobel, and we expect nothing less. Team Violet!

*Someone please introduce the notion of lipstick to Mrs. Hughes. She could use a little color after all these seasons of working in the underbelly of the Abbey!

*I can't even discuss the dog, Isis, sleeping by the fire, but I will stay immersed into the posh world that is, Downton Abbey!

Gotta dash...

##

True confession time. Yes, I am myself a Downtonite. Right-Side got me hooked. But for me it's not about the clothes, or the jewels, or the travails of poor, lovelorn Edith, or Daisy's dreams of escape, or the Lord of the Manor trying to find someone to lord over or any of those crazy upstairs shenanigans. No, I'm all about the yummy kitchen creations Mrs. Patmore whips up. Bring on the food, I say! (You wouldn't understand -- it's a Taurus thing.)

So I'm not ready to dog on Season 5 yet. But ... if Mrs. Patmore leaves, I'm outta here. -- Left-Side

No comments:

Post a Comment