Wednesday, January 28, 2015

JEANS HAVE GOTTEN COMPLEX

From the Right-Side...

Living in South Florida the wearing of jeans is tricky.
My jean collection knows I don't know.


Tricky in the sense that the weather shouts for white capri pants, white shorts or long white cotton skirts. Denim is worn mostly when a cool front (50 degrees) rips through the palm trees.

Even so, jeans intrigue me and I find them comforting on some strange level. Shopping for and purchasing them makes my head spin.

Here's the rub.

Jeans are no longer simply denim, zippers and rivets.

The racks are jammed with all types of brands, prices and definitions. Little tags are attached to guide and tell us this or that about a particular type. Options are vast and range from skinny, stretchy, angel cigarette, angel flare, powerstretch, ultimate skinny and on to infinity.  Pawing through them makes the head reel.

For example, what does skinny curvy mean? Sounds like a contradiction, but my recently purchased Calvin Klein jeans has this term right there inside the waistband.

Don't get me wrong. They fit just fine and are quite comfy. I just don't understand the labeling.

Michael Kors, on the other hand, gives us credit for understanding our jeans. Hence, his jeans have his name and not much more.

Because CK did provide a definition, I sort of want MK to do the same.

How am I to know how to feel about my jeans?

How will I know if they are skinny, curvy, skinny curvy or not skinny or curvy?

Mostly, I wear shorts, which takes the pressure off understanding the intricate details of my denim choices. What a relief.

I remember when all you had to do was slid into your size and get your groove on.

Gotta dash...

##

From the Left-Side: One word: Levis.




No comments:

Post a Comment