Wednesday, November 12, 2014

DAZZLING RALPH LAUREN, DASHED MY VISION

From The Right-Side...

My dirty little not-so-secret is my shopping addiction. It isn't rampant. No, I would call it more like, semi-rampant.

I do partake in a considerable amount of shopping, but I look for deals and I almost always use those 20 percent off coupons at, Bed, Bath & Beyond.

Now, I don't really expect the Left-Side of this blog (I hope he doesn't even read this, to be honest)  to clash with me on this topic and post. I can assure you, he does clash with me, but in the most considerate way you can imagine.

However, I do expect some major credit for my complete self-control while on an expedition today.
Elegant Ralph Lauren top.

Ralph Lauren vision in a top.

As a lover of clothing (jewels, furniture, etc.) from the 20's and 30's, I comb racks for those little gems I feel could be representative of that iconic fashion era. There is a particular brand by the name of Monteau
Affordable and stylish, Monteau.
that conjures up a few pieces that may be spun into a faux-vintage ensemble.

To my surprise, while pawing through racks at TJ Maxx today, I stumbled upon a piece from Ralph Lauren that made me audibly gasp. The shimmer and color of the beading caught my eye, and my hand slowly freed the garment from the clutter of nameless tank tops.

Flashing through my head, immediately, was the image of this gorgeous creation pulled over an evening tank top, paired with my one pair of Dolce and Gabbana  tuxedo pants. Perfection.

Giddy, I paused for air and my unmanicured fingers flipped the price tag into view. Boldly marked at $199.00,  my vision was dashed. No justification for paying that for a top to wear while writing a blog, walking a Cavi, or having cocktails at casual Palm Beach area dives.

There was a time this ethereal confection would have been tossed into that gimpy cart in a flash. But, today I took this picture while a curious woman stood, a little too closely, nearby. Returning it to the rack, I could not make my self turn to see if she snatched it up. I promised myself to keep checking the clearance aisles as time goes on. If Ralph's design finds its way into my collection, I promise to take a photo me in it while picking up Cavi poo!

Gotta dash,

Right-Side

##

From the Left-Side ...

Well right off the bat I have to give props to your decision. Even though I am certainly not a seasoned shopper (in stores I'm the one sitting in one of those comfy chairs while Right-Side shops), that did seem a little pricey for poo-picking (kind has a ring to it, doesn't it?). But I have to admit, while my average shopping experience is usually under 5 minutes (sometimes less on Amazon), I do admire the couture of RS as we make the scene of our Palm Beach favs. In fact, in closing I really have only one thing to say about RS:

You look marvelous, darling!



1 comment:

  1. I too will be on the search for 20's, 30's, and 40's inspired clothing keeping Miss Phrynie Fisher in mind as my role model. I laugh because I can see LS sitting in one of those "comfy chairs" while RS is on the prowl for deals. He's a good sport.

    ReplyDelete