Saturday, November 1, 2014

TOP TEN REASONS WE DO NOT NEED TOP TEN LISTS

The other day I was challenged on Facebook to  list my Top Ten All-Time Favorite Songs.

Of course, that is not possible, but I did as asked, and it was fun. 

Later, I began to think about my list. I left off only about two-thousand (not exaggerating) songs. I love a rather large variety of music.

I did the Facebook post for fun, and then challenged ten others to do it (as requested by the challenger). None did what I had done. They knew it was impossible and I knew they would not do the challenge. I won't tag those same people for future silly-fun-impossible challenges. I will tag ten different types (who will also ignore the request). Okay by me.


Top Ten (thank you, Dave L.) Lists serve no real purpose because you immediately think of ten you left off. Let's ban these things, and to kick things off, I will do a Top Ten List to support my opinion.

1. They serve no purpose.
2. Sometimes there are not ten good reasons to be had.
3. People do not care what I think about anything, and vise-versa (pretty much).
4. They make the originator feel insecure about their selections.
5. I always second-guess my choices.
6. I feel silently judged for my selections.
7. I feel un-cool and lame with my selections.
8. Even my dog knows I am inept with lists.
9. Limiting ourselves is a drag.
10. See number 1.

~Posted by, Right Side (the one shown in black and white on the right side of the blog title photo).

I wonder what the guy on the left-side of the photo thinks?

Will he chime in or let this sink to the bottom of the barrel like those Facebook friends I challenged?

Gotta dash,
Right-Side

No comments:

Post a Comment