Thursday, June 11, 2015

CHIC CAMPING IN THE SOLSTICE

From The Right-Side...

Leave it to a snazzy magazine to try and make something mundane seem super snazzy.

Food and Wine just posted bullet-points of information about Summer Solstice lurking, and it is time to pack up your troubles and potted meat (I added that) and go...camping.

Camping.

Yes, I have been camping. Please note the usage of PAST tense.

If swatting random bugs and sleeping in fabric among nature is your thing, I am giving you a slow clap. Enjoy.

Wining, dining and returning to a lovely room where 24-Hour Room Service is at my fingertips is my definition of camping. I mean eating a limp cheese pizza at two o'clock in the morning IS roughing it!

Being the curious type, I gave a quick glance to camping suggestions Food and Wine coughed up, and they were not earth shattering. Mostly tips on making it easier to lug alcohol on the trail. Not one word about the holy-grail of camping. You know what I'm talking about.

Sorry, but making beer from concentrate (see Pat's Backcountry Beverages for details on this sort of mess), is not my idea of making camping more enticing.

Yes, the hip magazine failed us. There was not ONE word about making S'mores more elegant by using colored marshmallows and imported chocolate.

Beer without S'mores?

Camping is sill OUT for me!

Gotta dash...

##










No comments:

Post a Comment