Wednesday, June 3, 2015

COCKTAILS, DOG YOGURT AND PICKLED BRUSSEL SPROUTS

From The Right-Side...

There is nothing of interest in my newsfeeds thus far today.  I need a little pick-me-up, and it is WAY to early in the day to pop a cork of cheap champagne (I know, it's NEVER that early, but play along).

Boredom is my nemesis, so what to do to bring some zest into a random Wednesday?
Snacks and cocktails!


Shopping is always an option, so off I went this morning in search of something NOT boring.

Bypassing the usual haunts (Trader Joe's, sorry), I dropped anchor (in my mind I was on a yacht because I am in THE Palm Beaches) at Marshall's.

Grabbing a cart, I headed for the food aisle.

I mean what better way to fend off boredom than streaming a classic movie while munching some fabulous SNACKS, right (continue to play along, okay?)?

Ever the considerate dog-mom, I first grabbed yogurt treats for the mutt (USA made, or so they claim on the package).

Turning down the gourmet food aisle, I was immediately drawn to some little green balls in a jar (there's a visual for ya)!
Dog treats and cocktails?


Who knew (probably everyone) you could snack on Pickled Brussel Sprouts? Not I.

So, here I am, blogging and looking at sprouts, but not brave enough to actually taste them (Left-Side?). I don't know, I just do not know if I have the courage this early in the day to be food-adventurous.

Perhaps tonight, with cocktails I will throw caution into the Atlantic Ocean and just pop the lid and go crazy.

Vodka and pickled sprouts?

Yeah, the dog is just gonna have to share those yogurt treats!

Dog treats and a vodka cocktail?

Oh, yeah!

Gotta dash...

##

From the Left-Side: Hey, I'm game to try pickled whatever. To a point. I think there is a general consensus that any food with "pickled" in front of it makes it gourmet. Like pickled pig's feet, or pickled quail eggs. (No, I haven't tried either.) If you need more proof, check this out:


Maybe with enough vodka ??.... no, don't think so.




No comments:

Post a Comment