Monday, June 22, 2015

TOTAL WINE NEEDS TRAINING CAMP, DSW IS CHAMP

From The Right-Side...

Every hole-in-the-wall joint is now asking for your email address. Like an idiot, I usually spill it. I mean, as I am reciting one of my many email addresses (I use them for different things), my brain is giddy with the possibility of getting bonus points and discounts.
Email marketing by Total Wine is not working.

Honestly, I do not mind giving out ALL my personal information in anticipation of free stuff, at every lame retail establishment in South Florida.

Okay, I draw the line at giving my preference for Yahoo or Gmail, but other than that, I spill it.

We all know, they want to hit us with marketing emails, special offers and generally tracking our purchasing habits. Yes, I buy way too many York patties, okay?

The best alcohol distributor in town, Total Wine, tries to market their wares via email, but they need major marketing lessons from that little old shoe seller among us.

Beyond question, DSW is the all-time master in tracking our purchases (I prefer not to call it what TLS does, addiction). BUT, to their credit, as they spy on us with abandon, the shoe people reward us with excellent monetary certificates.

I can not (will not) even begin to tell you how many times (because TLS reads this) I have pranced (you do that when you get free stuff) out of those stores with BONUS feet attire.

You can't kid a kidder (you can, but not about this). I fully realize that I pay for all that  'free' faux-leather by purchasing WAY too many shoes. Plus, it's like a drug...or the Mob. You try to get away, but they keep pulling you back in with the intoxicating allure of  monetary certificates, and those sales racks.

DSW knows my brands and has had me in their clutches for YEARS. There is no escape, as they even have shoes-via-mail.

Total Wine, listen up.

Your tracking tactics are sorely lacking. The marketing emails I receive from your marketing/advertising types are quite perplexing, and meaningless.

We purchase certain brands, consistently, yet the coupons NEVER reflect anything remotely related to our taste.

The emails hit the inbox and I hit delete. Waste of their time and mine. Ramp it up!

But, the biggest waste of marketing tactics is done by Tuesday Morning. They get your information, you get their little customer card. That's it. It means nothing, not even discount coupons. Well, you do get email messages promoting their sales. We already know they have sales. Even their sales staff can not defend the utter lack of meaning.

I will continue to give my email address, I will continue to seek good deals. It's the least I can do for TLS.

Gotta dash...

##


From the Left-Side:

YOU GO, GIRL!


 







No comments:

Post a Comment