Tuesday, June 30, 2015

TEXAS AND OHIO WERE, BUT FLORIDA IS

From The Right-Side...

One January, over ten years ago, The Left-Side and I pulled out of urban life in downtown, Dallas, Texas, and pounced upon the hamlet called, Columbus, Ohio. It is sort of like Fort Worth, Texas, with more frigid temps.
Juno Beach on a random Tuesday.


For almost three years we did things like...reside in a place in downtown called Arena Crossing, purchase a historic house (built in 1905), found great food and drink and attempted to acclimate to the weather. We traveled, A LOT, in and out of the country.

The move was job related for TLS. It was an adventure.

Having left my job in Corporate America for the move, I found (made) new adventures...my art gallery for one.

We found (made) new adventures together.

Ohio, (and those adventures) is not what I want to harp on today.

We are fast approaching our 8th anniversary as residents of Florida. First, Tampa on the Gulf side, but mostly on the Atlantic side of South Florida. Again, career stuff for TLS.

Yes, it can be insane. Is insane.

People wonder if we miss Texas (they never ask that about Ohio), where we spent most of our lives.

Of course, we miss people. Very much.

The state?

No even one tiny bit. With every article I read, every politician I hear, I have no longing for the Lone Star State.

People have stopped asking about us moving back.

Each and every day I ignore the crazy that is Florida (traffic, tourists, seasonal types, politicians and zealots) and focus on the gift of the beauty surrounding us.

The flora is exquisite, and it stays that way 12-months of the year.

The setting sun is a glorious burst of gold, over palm trees.

The Atlantic of South Florida brings a serenity to the soul, and with each beach visit I whisper a wish into a shell I lift from the sand, and toss it as far as I can into the azure waves.

We are teaching Cate to do this, as she is a Florida born beach-baby-girl.

The fierce or serene waves swirling on the sand brings a calming to the soul.

So, cheers to So-Flo, we join in the crazy with relish!

Gotta dash...

##














No comments:

Post a Comment