Thursday, March 19, 2015

BACKSEAT DRIVING IS A GOOD THING





From The Right-Side...

The Left-Side can (and will, happily) vouch for the fact that I am a notorious backseat driver (why call it that when I am RIGHT there beside him?).

Even more notorious is the stretch of I95 in South Florida (they don't call it Die-95 for nothing).  This strip of blacktop (or whatever it is) lines the Eastern seaboard from North to South, and is jammed with road-raging maniacs, 24-7. Throw in rain, and it is a nightmare of epic proportions.

But, Norway takes things to an entirely crazy level.

I imagine that Atlantic Ocean Road in Norway, is 8.3 kilometers (I can't be bothered to figure that in miles) of potential backseat driving nightmares.

Opened in 1989, it is a white-knuckle steering marvel, and Norway's ninth-most-visited natural tourist attraction.

Attraction?

I look at the video and imagine couples inside vehicles. One behind the wheel, one giving expert instructions on the proper way it should be done.

The sight of the majestic and raging Atlantic crashing over, around and under this engineering masterpiece makes me cringe. I cringe and bow to the brave souls maneuvering all the twists and turns.

I will never look at I95 the same. It is just so tame, in comparison.

I will continue to be a dedicated side-by-side driver! It is an unwritten law in this country, Norway...who knows?

Gotta dash...

##








No comments:

Post a Comment