Monday, March 2, 2015

WELL, THANK YOU, EMMA WATSON AND HYATT PLACE

From The Right-Side...

Well, well, well...little (now grown) Emma Watson. You have done it now.

She went and wrote (with her hands) a thank you note to Steve Carrell for his support for the mega-important cause, #HeForShe.

The cause IS one of my causes, but the real point of this post is...HANDWRITTEN thank you note.
My handwriting, as done on Memo App.


Proud to say, our son does this, but it is virtually dead-as-manners these days.

As a right-handed person with a left-hand slant (see my scrawl on Memo app in photo), handwriting brings a special issue for me. Oh, it's not that I mind writing things in long-hand. The people trying to read it, there rests the prob.


I love 2015, because there is an app for everything. Even handwriting can be done for you (Downton Abbey times live on).

Enter the free handwriting APP pool. Well, the app is free, but you gonna pay ($.99) for the fonts.
Handwritten Email App.

There are many available, the prices and services vary widely. But, I sampled Handwritten Email and as you can see, they wrote out my message nicely. I picked the font, color and typed the message. My actual scrawl disappeared like homemade brownies.

One glitch to the process...when I sent it to the Left-Side via text message, um, fail.

Still, Emma has started a trend as old as the Victorians (I'm guessing on the timeframe). But, we don't have to do all the writing ourselves!

Thank you, Apps. Should I send them a 'handwritten' note?

##

Outside was gloomy. Inside was bright. Hyatt Place.

A recent jaunt to Tampa, Florida, had us seeking a dog-friendly place.

Yes, we know of some, but we wanted, um, more (take that as you will).

So, thank you, Hyatt Place.

The weather was dicey, but the hotel was fabulous.

Great staff. Lovely room. Fabulous (honestly) complimentary breakfast.

Good job, Hyatt Place. You are needed and appreciated!

Gotta dash...

##



No comments:

Post a Comment