Wednesday, March 11, 2015

BLURRED LINES, GOT TO GIVE IT UP FOR THE RUNWAY

From The Right-Side...

Renting glamor is not new. Guys have done it for years (that one time a nerd needs a tux).

But for girls? Maybe.
Wearer-owned dress.

A few years back I was tempted, for a hot minute, to sell a few of my best handbags to a place called; Beg, Borrow or Steal.

I sent them photos and they sent me the amount of spare change they would pay (no, they were pretty fair). Easy.

Needless to say, those bags are still hanging in my closet or under my bed. The cash would have been nice, but so are the bags.

But, renting a designer bag is so yesterday. Now, it is all about renting glam everything...dresses, jewelry, the works.

Rented baubles and beads are offered on several sites, but Rent the Runway caught my eye.

Two chicks from Harvard Biz School decided women should not have to beg for a loan from a shady guy on the street corner to strut their stuff in designer clothes.  These days it is more like beg Mom and Dad for extra allowance.

The Left-Side would probably step on this renting-your-garb bus, but I am just going to have to take a bus pass to every favorite retailer and make purchases. Bring on the overpriced duds!

But, if it is your bag...there is no begging or loan-sharking required when one can rent-to-wear and return to the Runway style pros. Imagine how organized a closet could be if the clothes were tagged temporary!

##

From the Left-Side: Everything I know about fashion, the Right-Side taught me. You know what they say about men preparing for big events like weddings: Make sure the socks match. But there are definite "don't let this happen to you"...let's roll the tape:




##

Speaking of spare change, the estate of Marvin Gaye is a little bit heavier in the pocket today. That seven million they won off of Pharrell and Robin Thicke, probably means they won't be renting their celebration attire.

Personally, I have both songs in my playlist and that makes me...Happy (yeah, had to go there).

Gotta dash...



No comments:

Post a Comment