Wednesday, March 4, 2015

SURVEY SAYS, HAVE A DRESSY COCKTAIL

From The Right-Side...

Following random sites on Facebook is one of (many) guilty pleasures.
Just a regular Friday night at our home!


So, when I saw a post from, HUFF POST, this morning, I groaned.

Bitch Stole My Dressy Cocktail Party Thunder!

They offered up 9 reasons to have a home cocktail party, when we all KNOW we only need 1.

For years (but, who's counting) I have pulled sparkly things from the depths of my closet, shrugged into them and twirled (you heard me) toward martini glasses filled with fabulous concoctions shaken (never stirred) up by the Left-Side. All of this inside our own domicile. Although I wear sparkly things out, too.

Ask my family.

Ask anyone who really knows me.

Dress UP, people, at home or to go out. For the love of sequins!

So, take THAT, Huffy...you are late to the home-style cocktail party!

##

Left-Side says ... a martini is a great reason to dust off the Tux and put on the Ritz. I can't let R-S corner the market on cocktail party glam, although as we all know, she is glam all the time.

##

Survey says that I am always being asked to do a survey.
Survey says, I hate surveys.

Shopping is my hobby, and on every receipt (of which there are many) the clerk will dramatically circle a magic number and say..."Take this survey, you could win."

When I have a weak moment (hardly ever), I will do one.

But, shops are not alone in this nonsense, and The Left-Side can vouch for that fact.

He and I are known to sashay into various cities and hotels with regularity and upon returning home...SURVEY!

As a BUSY blogger and cynic of the universe, I KNOW damn well we will NEVER win one crummy thing.

But, the LS being a crafty sort, continues to tempt me with the possibility that we COULD. So, with the slight-of-hand of an illusionist, he swiftly slides this pointless junk mail from his inbox into my over-stuffed (with more junk mail) inbox.

I caved this week and did one about a recent stay at Hyatt Place. Let me reiterate...I did the survey.

What did Hyatt Place do?

They sent a fabulous thank you to the LEFT SIDE.

Gotta dash...

##

What can I say? Guilty as charged. But honestly, I think we are reaching survey fatigue. They pop up on every receipt, they hound you on the phone and flood your email. Everybody is suddenly customer service conscious and wants to prove every customer is number one in their book. All well and good, but don't tell me, show me. And yes, R-S, I know the odds are astronomical and then some that one of surveys you filled out would actually win, but have faith --it could happen. 

Now I gotta dash and buy that lottery ticket R-S asked me to get.

-- Left-Side

#







No comments:

Post a Comment