Monday, March 30, 2015

INTIMIDATION AND CIDER DONUTS

From The Right-Side...

Juno Beach Café, in Jupiter, Florida,  just sounds like it should be a place the Jetsons zoom into for a light snack before hitting the sand and surf in the Outer Limits.
Juno Beach Café, Cider Donuts.


However, it is a bustling haunt The Left-Side and I dive into for a hearty breakfast on random Saturdays.

It is one of many breakfast/brunch favorites, but this Saturday we discovered something new (for us). Cider donuts. The server professed them to be light and airy (I think she threw a little shade at other nameless donut establishments, maybe), and made by a local dough-person.

The LS ordered them right away, to nibble on, pre-entrée arrival.

The mini-rounds of dough arrived in an assortment of flavors (plain, chocolate and red velvet). Turns out they were, indeed, light and airy. Maybe a tad too airy. Maybe we are used to those wicked heavy donuts she referenced in her cider donut pitch.The chocolate dipping sauce saved the day, in my opinion.

This, near-the-beach, place is open for breakfast and lunch, and we are  REALLY looking forward to the end of  'Season' in So-Flo (one more month, approximately), so we can have it to ourselves...well, almost.

##

Eating out for breakfast, lunch and dinner is fun, but so is cooking and having an evening in.
Publix, Palm Beach. This couple KNOWS they want wine!


So, let's talk specialty buying, shall we?

Being a super-seasoned shopper, I let little intimidate me in that realm. Very. Little.

Hell, it takes a lot to intimidate me. I mean we are all just people, right?

But, am I the only one to get anxious (okay, that could be a little dramatic) while in line at specialty outlets like DD's Cupcakes in Jupiter, Joseph's Grocery or Carmine's Grocery in Palm Beach Gardens?

Yeah, I think everyone behind me, and in the entire damn store, already knows exactly what they want while I have to stand and stare into glass cases just to see what my options are on a given day. Fish, delicate pastries, cupcakes, cheese, fine meats...all take time to select, right?

I mean even the Deli at Publix (a grocery store with bad spelling skills) can make me order stuff I did not even want, just because there is a line behind me and I feel pressured to hurry.

Well, the truth of the matter is, I figure if the shoppers behind me don't like me taking my time they can take a hike. However, these days...they are more likely to tell ME to take a hike and help me to the path leading to the nearest cliff!

Gotta dash...

##




No comments:

Post a Comment